Following on from our Guide to Numbers cheat sheet for Irish language learners, we’ve condensed the info into one sheet. Download the free PDF below.
Free Shareable Cheat Sheet
The PDF cheat sheet is published under a Creative Commons license. Please share with your fellow lovers of Gaeilge.
No opt-in required.
This shareable cheat sheet is a quick reference tool with examples of counting in the Irish language across four different forms:
- Basic numbers in Irish (one, two, three…)
- Counting things
- Counting people (yes, this is different!)
- Ordinal numbers (1st, 2nd, 3rd…)
The cheat sheet contains a notes section:
- Séimhiú on 2-6 when counting things, urú on 7-10
- Nouns after personal numbers in genitive plural
- Séimhiú on b, c, f, g, m, p after beirt and an chéad
See our blog posts on lenition (séimhiú) and urú (ellipsis) for some more information on these.
Go Deeper Along Your Irish Language Journey
This cheat sheet is based on the module “A Guide to Numbers and Counting” in Aistear Reference Pack, available to our Explore and Grow members.
Sign up as an Explore or GROW member to continue your Irish language journey.
1 thought on “Quick guide to numbers cheat sheet”
Thank you interest