Trust the process. Trust yourself! An empowering aspect of learning to speak the Irish language is not limited to “languages people”. The process of learning the Irish language is a journey. It’s a process that’s available to each of us. Yes, it does include studying with intenstiy (see Episode 128 for more on that). Once you’ve accepted with yourself that you are on this journey, then trust the process and trust yourself.
We call the foundation of this process Gaeilge Gach Lá (Irish every day). It means immersing yourself in the Irish language, especially before you understand it. Be a daily practitioner of the language, a Gaeilgeoir, regardless of your spoken abilty. Trust that by being a pracitioner long enough you can ultimately end up being a speaker of Gaeilge.
Mentioned in the episode:
- Bíodh muinín agat as an bpróiséas! Trust the process. Have trust in the process.
- Bitesize Irish Memberships, which include Bitesize Cúrsaí online lessons to take at your own pace, and Bitesize Pobal private learning community.
- Robert Green’s “Mastery” book, and “Path to Mastery” article.
- Julia Cameron’s “The Artist’s Way” book. She has a related online course.
- Episode 115: Yoga agus Bitesize with Gabrielle
- Also see: Gaeilge Gach Lá Merchandise
- Record a question
P.S. After producing this podcast, I was researching productivity frameworks, of all things. This really is closely linked ultimately to achieving something, like being able to speak a language, such as my book Winning the Language Battle. I came across a free book How to Make Your Dreams Come True by Mark Forster. As it happens, he has a chapter in the book called “trust the process”. The book is only mildly related to this podcast episode, but speaks along the same lines.