Aisling joins the podcast for this episode. Aisling is the Bainisteoir Pobail (Community Manager) at Bitesize Irish. Her daily focus is on helping members of our community at Bitesize Pobal. We discuss her time in the Gaeltachtaí of Corca Dhuibhne and An Rinn, how she got interested in Irish, and her time in Vancouver.
Aisling is the community manager for Bitesize Pobal, our Irish language learning community online. Sign up as a Grow member to get an invite to Bitesize Pobal.
Some notes from the show:
- Popup Gaeltacht – locally-organized events for connecting with people through the Irish language
- Corca Dhuibhne Gaeltacht in Co. Chiarraí (Co. Kerry). Blog post “Unexpected Gaeilge in Corca Dhuibhne“. Also check the episode Winter in Corca Dhuibhne. Where the Irish language is referred to as Gaelainn.
- An Rinn Gaeltacht in Co. Phort Láirge (Co. Waterford), where the Irish language is referred to as Gaoluinn.
- Doireann Ní Ghríofa
- “There really is Gaeilge community all over the world”
- Grow member interviews with Bridget and Peadar
Do you have any questions for Aisling? Reply below!