Interview with Áine Gallagher, who do many things including greann dhá-theangach (bilingual comedy). In this episode of the Bitesize Irish Podcast, we talk about the mindset that encourages you to speak Irish. Find Áine at ainegallagher.com – including the Irish Matters web series plus her TedX talk about what is it like speaking Irish as a second language.
Join Bitesize Irish as a Grow member to get an invite to Bitesize Pobal. That’s our private online learning community to learn from others (and people may learn from you!). This includes Bitesize Beo regular conversation video calls, weekly members calls, and daily prompts to encourage ou to achieve Gaeilge Gach Lá.
Some highlights from the episode:
- “I say I’m a fluent Irish speaker, without qualifying it”
- “There’s a spectrum of fluency”
- “You can’t compare your fluency in Irish and in English”
- “I’m a gorilla Irish teacher”
- “You have to take personal responsibility with a minority language”
- “It’s OK to take time”
- “Reinforce your learning with a mix of sources”
Thanks to Tsukumo whose music appears on this episode. Record a question for the podcast.