Rather than renting a car, and driving around, what other ways can you get to know Ireland? By taking a different approach, you can end up exploring the country, experiencing it in a different light.
- The Economist, Aug 15th 2019, “One way or another the deluge is coming“. 20cm sea rise since the start of the industrial age.
- Seth Godin, Akimbo Podcast Season 4, Ep 14, “Breath“. Air composition.
- Earth System Research Laboratory, historical CO2 readings.
- Exploring – get to know your destination better. Take cycling tours.
- Adventure – busses, trains – by using public transport, you’re adding demand
- Slower – spend time. Ebike rentals in places like Dingle.
- Don’t travel? – your flight is probably disproportionate to any other part of your trip. This decision is up to your values.
- Leave feedback – Fáilte Ireland tourism agency, National Transport Authority. No-one will ask you for your feedback, but you can do it.
- Wild Atlantic Way – Ireland cannot continue to base tourism initiatives on encouraging private car driving.