Do you want to get a chance to practice speaking the Irish language?
It can be really hard to find the chance to practice speaking Irish. Probably your main bottlenecks are your own time/energy, and having access to someone who speaks Irish.
So here’s our proposal:
- Accept that you should practice Irish conversation more often than you can get direct help from a teacher
- Be a member of a closed group of people
- Group has daily video sessions, which you can opt in to on any given day
- A daily session is based on a theme, vocabulary, a structured conversation
- The session is timed. It is structured. It follows a pre-written set of steps of reading through the conversation, then doing role-play.
- As a group, you document your learnings, and any open questions
- A teacher gives feedback on the open questions in due time
- The group has a weekly video call with an Irish-speaking teacher attending
Since practicing Irish daily is a key part of getting better at speaking it, does this model sound like a useful one to you? If you attend classes, how would this compliment your learnings? Please leave your reply below this post.