After the honeymoon of starting off with learning the Irish language, how do you keep going? How do you make it sustainable for yourself? In this episode, we focus on how to enjoy the everyday moment of it.
[T]he ultimate goals of these activities … are also important but true enjoyment comes from the steps one takes toward attaining a goal, not from actually reaching it.Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi in “Good Business”, chapter “Happiness in Action”
Notes from this Bitesize Irish podcast episode:
- Author Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Excerpt featured in this episode from his book “Good Business”. He describes how flow needs focus, taking on challenges, and pushing your current skills.
- His most popular book is called “Flow”.
- History of the written Irish language
- My book Winning the Language Battle