Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Dawn shares her “can do” attitude to learning to speak Irish Gaelic. It’s her way to “feel connected to a place that has my heart”, as she told us recently. She’s a Bitesize Irish Gaelic member. Discussion podcast about learning to speak Irish Gaelic (in English).
What you’ll hear:
Click the audio player above, and you’ll get to hear:
- Dawn’s love for the bodhrán. She’s learning to play this Irish instrument mostly off YouTube.
- She treats learning as “work, but work that I thoroughly love”.
- Learning to speak Irish is natural to her. It’s like it’s a language she knew, but has just forgotten. What a fantastic way to approach learning a language.
Mentioned in the show
- Learn bodhrán on YouTube with Michelle Stuart in Scotland, and Brian Flemming of OAIM.
- Colm Feelan is her teacher where they spoke on Skype
- DuoLingo for Irish language – a complimentary app to Bitesize Irish Gaelic
- Sligo, Ireland
- Take a Bitesize Irish Gaelic free trial, to try our program of online Bitesize lessons. The program features thousands of recordings that you can listen to and repeat.
- his episode. Just leave a comment below.