Dawn shares her “can do” attitude to learning to speak Irish Gaelic. It’s her way to “feel connected to a place that has my heart”, as she told us recently. She’s a Bitesize Irish Gaelic member. Discussion podcast about learning to speak Irish Gaelic (in English).
What you’ll hear:
Click the audio player above, and you’ll get to hear:
- Dawn’s love for the bodhrán. She’s learning to play this Irish instrument mostly off YouTube.
- She treats learning as “work, but work that I thoroughly love”.
- Learning to speak Irish is natural to her. It’s like it’s a language she knew, but has just forgotten. What a fantastic way to approach learning a language.
Mentioned in the show
- Learn bodhrán on YouTube with Michelle Stuart in Scotland, and Brian Flemming of OAIM.
- Colm Feelan is her teacher where they spoke on Skype
- DuoLingo for Irish language – a complimentary app to Bitesize Irish Gaelic
- Sligo, Ireland
- Take a Bitesize Irish Gaelic free trial, to try our program of online Bitesize lessons. The program features thousands of recordings that you can listen to and repeat.
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
The Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast comes out at 8am GMT (3am EST) every second Wednesday. Thanks for listening. Subscribe for free using the options in the box below.
We’d love to hear from you about this episode. Just leave a comment below.
Do you have a suggestion for a future guest? Then please do contact us.
Bitesize Irish Podcast
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below