Listen to Vanessa who has never been to Ireland (yet), but has made the Irish language part of her daily life. Living in Australia, she talks about her upcoming trip to Ireland. Discussion podcast about learning to speak Irish Gaelic (in English).
What you’ll hear:
Click the audio player above, and you’ll get to hear:
- Recent flooding in Ireland, including in Carrick-on-Shannon. We’ve have five storms (so far!) this winter
- The Facebook groups and pages Vanessa uses to be part of a community online of Irish language speakers. It’s a “global community”.
- It’s a lifestyle thing. You make the choice to make Irish Gaelic part of your daily life. It’s not about sitting down in front of a book. It’s about interacting through the language, even in the tiniest of bites.
Mentioned in the show
- Carrick-on-Shannon town
- Irish Language Learners group on Facebook
- Duolingo Irish Learners group (seems to be a fan-started page, perhaps Vanessa is part of this one, or a separate related group)
- Take a Bitesize Irish Gaelic free trial – join Vanessa in the program
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
The Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast comes out at 8am GMT (3am EST) every second Wednesday. Thanks for listening. Subscribe for free using the options in the box below.
We’d love to hear from you about this episode. Just leave a comment below.
Do you have a suggestion for a future guest? Then please do contact us.