Do you feel like you “should” be learning the Irish language, but never get around to it? This podcast episode (in English) is about breaking down your daily Irish language habit into such small pieces that they should be easy to do. These ideas come from the excellent blog AJATT: All Japanese All The Time.
What you’ll hear:
Click the audio player above, and you’ll get to hear:
- Language immersion: Nope, it doesn’t matter if you don’t know Irish language speakers right now. It’s not enough of an excuse! Use our modern Irish Gaelic media online to immerse yourself in the language, and in Ireland’s culture. You don’t need to understand Irish Gaelic to immerse yourself, rather you’ll understand because you immerse yourself.
- Show up: doing something right now is completely different to doing nothing. Do something. If that something feels too hard, break down that “something” into something smaller. At Bitesize Irish Gaelic, we’re changing our Bitesize Method to suggest you open a Bitesize lesson each day. That’s way easier than getting you to complete a lesson each day.
- Make it fun. Search YouTube for Irish language songs. Watch one for five minutes. That’s all you needed to do right now. It’s not always about studying new concepts.
Mentioned in the show
- All Japanese All The Time: “You don’t learn a language, you live it.”
- Raidió na Gaeltachta
- Litríocht.com where you can buy books, even if you can’t read them yet.
- Take the obligation-free trial of Bitesize Irish Gaelic, and open a single lesson a day (and see where it takes you).
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
The Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast comes out at 8am GMT (3am EST) every second Wednesday. Thanks for listening. Subscribe for free using the options in the box below.
We’d love to hear from you about this episode. Just leave a comment below.
Do you have a suggestion for a future guest? Then please do contact us.
Bitesize Irish Podcast
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below