Susan of Vibrant Ireland joins Eoin for a chat on the Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast. She has lived in Ireland for the best part of twenty years. She’s from the United States, but ended up moving to Ireland. Listen to her great Irish accent! She now lives in rural east County Clare – a beautiful part of Ireland that doesn’t get so many tourists.
What you’ll hear:
Click the audio player above, and you’ll get to hear:
- How hard it was for Susan to decide to move to Ireland, which we did in the end, in the late 1990s.
- The best times of the year to visit Ireland for your next trip.
- Life for Susan in rural Ireland.
Mentioned in the show
- Vibrant Ireland – Susan’s travel blog. Look for her Thanksgiving 2015 post about spending Thanksgiving in Ireland.
- Feakle and Scariff in County Clare, Ireland. Susan lives around Feakle.
- Feakle traditional Irish music festival
- The Burren – a rocky landscape in County Clare. It’s the result of early farming in this area, which lead to the stripping of the land’s shallow soil.
- The Wild Atlantic Way is a marked driving route along the west coast of Ireland. Beware, some of the roads included are what we might call “quaint”. And Limerick city should be included!
- Savour Kilkenny – festival of food in October
- Burren Winterage festival in October
- Start to learn Irish Gaelic today to make a real connection with your Irish heritage. The Bitesize Irish Gaelic program lets you learn to speak some Irish Gaelic, in easy Bitesize lessons. Our free trial is no-obligation.
This episode is 20 minutes, compared to our previous episodes of around 30 minutes. What do you think about this format we’re experimenting with? Leave a comment below (comments are open for the first couple of weeks after the episode has been published).
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
The Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. Subscribe for free using the options in the box below.
We’d love to hear from you about this episode. Just leave a comment below.
Do you have a suggestion for a future guest? Then please do contact us.
Bitesize Irish Podcast
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below