Seán Mag Uidhir (John McGuire) established the Irish language immersion weekend in Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. He speaks Irish, and shares his journey of learning the language. Discussion podcast about learning to speak Irish Gaelic (in English).
What you’ll hear
- How to deal with losing the initial enthusiasm of wanting to speak Irish (Gaelic)
- The keys of perseverance and making connection with other people in keeping you on track to speaking the language
- Seán’s interconnected experience with the Irish language and Irish traditional music
Mentioned in the show
- DFW Gaelic League website, and Facebook page
- North Texas Irish Festival
- An Spidéal, Conamara
- Raidió na Gaeltachta
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. Subscribe for free using the options in the box below.
We’d love to hear from you about this episode. Just leave a comment below.
Do you have a suggestion for a future guest? Then please do contact us.
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below