Discussion podcast about learning to speak Irish Gaelic (in English). Devin Blankenship is founder and president of the Indiana Celtic Community. After traveling to Ireland, he attended an Irish language immersion weekend in Madison, Wisconsin. He went on to found a regular study group in Bloomington, Indiana, where he also run their annual Irish Gaelic immersion weekend.
What you’ll hear
- How a couple of trips to Ireland helped give Devin a thirst for learning the Irish language
- How he first started with books, but went on to visit an immersion weekend 7 hours away
- Practical tips on starting your own study group – don’t wait for an Irish language speaker to arrive!
Mentioned in the show
- Indiana Celtic Community, including their immersion weekend. Book your place!
- City of Bloomington, Indiana
- Dineen Grow – Start Something podcast episode
- Also here part of Devin’s backstory on the interview with Mara Bernstein
- Karen Reshkin – listen to our interview “It’s all about your perspective”
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening.
We’d love to hear from you about this episode. Just leave a comment below.
Do you have a suggestion for a future guest? Then please do contact us.