Discussion podcast about learning to speak Irish Gaelic (in English). Neil Jackman founded Abarta Audio Guides. They’re downloadable, easy-to-follow, guides for tourist spots across Ireland.
What you’ll hear
- Ireland’s history and heritage through pre-historic times
- Neil’s journey to Ireland, and his impression of Ireland’s heritage
Mentioned in the show
- Abarta Audio Guides
- Time Travel Ireland – Neil’s blog
- Our free Irish Gaelic lesson for St. Patrick’s Day – Lá ‘le Pádraig
- St. Helen’s in northern England, where Neil is from (which Eoin originally thought Neil was saying “St. Ellens”!)
- Woodstown, at the edge of Waterford, Ireland. A large Viking settlement was found. Abarta’s audio guide.
- Fionn Mac Cumhaill
- Athassel Abbey, Golden, Tipperary. A large ruins, with no tourists.
- Irish for Beginners – our free one-moneh email course where you can learn simple greetings
- The Boyne Valley: New Grange, Tara, Kells
- Megalithic art, that’s found across Ireland, and into Brittany in France
- Ogham script
- The Causeway Route: a driving route along the northern coast of Northern Ireland
- Kildare Monastic Trail
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.