Podcast interview in the English language. Brian Ó hAirt is an American sean-nós singer, musician, and a speaker of the Irish Language.
Brian shares his connection with Ireland’s real culture, through song and Irish Gaelic.
What you’ll hear
- Brian’s instant connection with the Irish language after hearing a song on the radio when he was young
- The real culture of Ireland that shines through song in Irish Gaelic
- The vibrant community of Irish speakers in the Pacific Northwest
Mentioned in the show
- Bua – Brian’s band
- Brian is involved with The Language Hunters project
- Listen to samples, and purchase their album Down The Green Fields
- David Wood on Episode 025
- Sean-nós singing
- Song: Eileanóir na Rún
- Chief Francis O’Neill of Chicago
- Album “Learn Irish With Eoin” by Bitesize Irish Gaelic
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.