Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Podcast interview in the English language. Brian Ó hAirt is an American sean-nós singer, musician, and a speaker of the Irish Language.
Brian shares his connection with Ireland’s real culture, through song and Irish Gaelic.
What you’ll hear
- Brian’s instant connection with the Irish language after hearing a song on the radio when he was young
- The real culture of Ireland that shines through song in Irish Gaelic
- The vibrant community of Irish speakers in the Pacific Northwest
Mentioned in the show
- Bua – Brian’s band
- Brian is involved with The Language Hunters project
- Listen to samples, and purchase their album Down The Green Fields
- David Wood on Episode 025
- Sean-nós singing
- Song: Eileanóir na Rún
- Chief Francis O’Neill of Chicago
- Album “Learn Irish With Eoin” by Bitesize Irish Gaelic
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.
4 thoughts on “Irish Language in Portland, Oregan with Brian Ó hAirt (Ep. 35)”
This is wonderful! I’ll certainly explore the Irish culture in the Pacific Northwest when I’m living in Oregon this summer…
We are glad to hear that you like our blog post 🙂
It was fascinating hearing what Brian said.Not only is he learning Irish,he’s teaching it,that’s so wonderful! It interest hearing about different Celtic groups,the Irish,the Scots and the Manx people speaking Gaelic together.
Thank you for commenting. I agree with you, that is really fascinating 🙂