Inis Meáin is a small island off Ireland’s Atlantic west coast. It’s a strong Gaeltacht area, where the Irish language is spoken.
Ceri Garfield spent five months with Máire Pháidín on the island, who is a “legend” on the island. The documentary will be called “Cé hÍ Máire Pháidín?” (which means, “Who Is Máire Pháidín?”).
(Are you looking for the episode with Elena Clancy instead? That will be published as Episode 034 two weeks after this episode is published. Sorry for the confusion.)
What you’ll hear
- The beauty of Inis Meáin of the Aran Islands, and its cultural richness
- Máire Pháidín – she traveled to Boston in the 1960s where she learned her English
- Ceri will be filming a documentary on Máire Pháidín, and is looking for your suppor
Mentioned in the show
- Watch a teaser for Ceri’s documentary “Cé hÍ Máire Pháidín”
- Click here to purchase your support for Ceri’s documentary “Cé hÍ Máire Pháidín?” on fundit.ie
- Over on the project page on fundit.ie, click the button “:fund:it” to help fund this documentary. You’ll be asked to create an account, and then will be able to choose your funding level.
- The funding project is only live until 25th January 2015, so hurry.
- Inis Meáin, of the Aran Islands (see our photos of the other island, Inis Mór)