Discussion podcast with Michael Carragher who grew up in New York. During his childhood, his family would travel over to their relations back in Ireland. Michael is the president of the Irish Family History Forum, and got interested in Irish Gaelic through his interest in genealogy.
What you’ll hear
- How country life has changed over the years in County Monaghan
- Organizing a language learning meetup on Meetup.com
- It is scary putting yourself out there to meet others with similar interests
- Whether you should travel to Ireland during any season
Mentioned in the show
- NYC Irish Language Meetup group
- Irish Family History Forum
- County Monaghan
- Westport, County Mayo
- The Field movie
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.