Based in Madison, Wisconsin, Dineen Grow has spent years helping others around her who also share her enthusiasm for speaking Irish Gaelic.
What you’ll hear
- How to reach out to others if you feel alone and trying to learn to speak Irish: Start something!
- What band got her interested in the Irish language in the first place
- Why she founded her own organization
- How her first trip to Ireland in the 1980s was very discouraging
- How to approach such a challenging thing as learning a language
Mentioned in the show
- Celtic Cultural Center of Madison including their annual immersion weekend
- Buntús Cainte learning program from 1960s
- TG Lurgan on YouTube
- Raidió na Gaeltachta
- Our trip to Willie Clancy traditional Irish summer school
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.