Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | RSS
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, Dineen Grow has spent years helping others around her who also share her enthusiasm for speaking Irish Gaelic.
What you’ll hear
- How to reach out to others if you feel alone and trying to learn to speak Irish: Start something!
- What band got her interested in the Irish language in the first place
- Why she founded her own organization
- How her first trip to Ireland in the 1980s was very discouraging
- How to approach such a challenging thing as learning a language
Mentioned in the show
- Celtic Cultural Center of Madison including their annual immersion weekend
- Buntús Cainte learning program from 1960s
- TG Lurgan on YouTube
- Raidió na Gaeltachta
- Our trip to Willie Clancy traditional Irish summer school
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also has a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.
5 thoughts on “Start something, with Dineen Grow (Ep. 23)”
Great to hear this from Dineen Grow. Her Irish is amazing! Thank you for posting this for everyone to listen to.
Iit was wonderful hearing what Dineen had to say! Her Irish was fantastic,too! It’s so important that Irish becomes the main language of the Irish people in Ireland again.When you’ve got such a beautiful language,and it’s your own language,why not speak it?
Her Irish is lovely alright. Go raibh maith agat, a Keith.
So nice to hear Dineen Grow’s warm and friendly voice offering very wise advice on how to tackle the Irish language. She’s been the first gentle introduction to the language for so many people. I spent my time at the last Celtic Culture Irish Immersion Weekend in Bloomington, Indiana just observing her teaching techniques. Thanks for sharing your time with Dineen with the podcast listening audience.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and thanks for sharing your experience Brenda. Nice to have you part of the Bitesize community too.