It’s with deep regret that we learned in October 2023 of the passing of Dineen Grow. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a hanam. — Eoin
Based in Madison, Wisconsin, Dineen Grow has spent years helping others around her who also share her enthusiasm for speaking Irish Gaelic.
What you’ll hear
- How to reach out to others if you feel alone and trying to learn to speak Irish: Start something!
- What band got her interested in the Irish language in the first place
- Why she founded her own organization
- How her first trip to Ireland in the 1980s was very discouraging
- How to approach such a challenging thing as learning a language
Mentioned in the show
- Celtic Cultural Center of Madison including their annual immersion weekend
- Buntús Cainte learning program from 1960s
- TG Lurgan on YouTube
- Raidió na Gaeltachta
- Our trip to Willie Clancy traditional Irish summer school