Ireland has been through some turbulent times, and the Irish language (Irish Gaelic) is not exception. Eoin is joined this week by Fin Dwyer of Irish History Podcast. Fin is an historian living in Dublin.
What you’ll hear
- How Dublin city was established, settled, and expanded
- The arrival of the Vikings
- Life in Ireland after the arrival of the Normans – and how their society fell apart centuries later, with the new rise of a Gaelic king
- How the Irish were very possibly more multilingual than they are today
Mentioned in the show
- Irish History Podcast – check it out, subscribe to it on iTunes, and keep an eye out for Fin’s other offerings
- We’d love to hear your questions, and suggestions for future related episodes. Just leave your comment below.
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.