Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | RSS
Listen to answers of fantastic listener and member questions about learning to speak the Irish language (Irish Gaelic).
What you’ll hear
- Summer courses you can attend in Irish
- Saying where you’re from
- Intricacies of Scottish Gaelic, from an Irish Gaelic perspective
- Story of an Australian living in New Zealand who uses Irish on the locals
Mentioned in the show
- Oideas Gael
- Oidhreacht Chorca Dhuibhne
- Bitesize Lesson: Countries and Nationalities for saying where you’re from
- Try a Bitesize lesson with our free trial
- Sign your email address on the Bitesize Irish Gaelic Live to hear about this up-coming tutor service
- Blog post: Word order in Irish
- Blog post: The mysteries of Irish spelling
- Video guides on how to type the fada by Terry Simons
- The fantastic comedy Father Ted DVD collection
- Our popular Pronunciation Cheat Sheets for Irish Gaelic
- Milwaukee Irish Fest
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.
7 thoughts on “Where can I attend Irish language summer courses and other listener questions (Ep. 19)”
Hi Eoin, a chara,
Go raibh maith agat! I was so happy to receive a mention in this podcast.
I wanted to make a suggestion that any learners who wish especially those of the ‘secret service’ could share contact details and maybe create a forum in which we can contact and practice with each other. It might be a way to keep each other encouraged and motivated in our shared love of Irish.
Thank you so much for sharing. We appreciate your input.
Dia duit a Eoin !
Another great and helpful podcast, go raibh maith agat !
I noticed mention was made about Bite Size Irish Gaelic Live. I really enjoyed participating as a “test subject” during the initial trial run of it. Is BIG Live fully operational now and available to everyone ? I’d love to resume my lessons with Aonghus upon my return from my adventures in Ireland this Summer.
Also, I wish you much enjoyment on your trip to Milwaukee. From the looks of the official website they have, I have no doubt you’ll have a grand time. We have a pretty big Irish/Celtic festival every year here in Jacksonville as well. Perhaps one day in the future I might persuade you to come enjoy the festivities in sunny Florida 🙂
Live is currently going through phase 2 of our secret launch. Shh 😉 Thanks for the kind words you left on the pre-launch email list:
People should enter their emails for free to be notified as the service becomes public.
Oh, and who knows about Florida, you never know 🙂
A little something to help you decide 🙂
Smile! Thanks Pat, I will make sure Eoin sees your post.
Certainly something to consider in the future 🙂
I’m off to Milwaukee Irish Fest this August, and we’ll see how it goes.