You could learn a lot from Pat Hagan. He’s lives around Jacksonville, Florida. For the past year he’s been learning Irish. He’s made great advances in speaking, and is about to jump further by attending classes in Donegal, Ireland.
What you’ll hear
- Pat’s background – in his own words, a blue collar background, and his experience of learning Irish
- After a while, you’ll start to look back and see how much you have learned so far
- His motorbike trip around Ireland
- His approach of taking learning at his own pace, and not putting too much pressure on himself (but still always making some progress)
- Oideas Gael courses in Donegal, as described on our blog by Audrey
- Podcast 17: Is Eoin a native speaker?
- Take a free trial of the Bitesize Irish Gaelic program, to get a taste of our Bitesize lessons that you can take at your own page
- Take our free email course Irish for Beginners, and you’ll also receive our free email newsletter with notifications of any new podcast episodes
- Kinsale, County Cork
- Ennis, County Clare (where Eoin grew up)
- Bitesize Lesson: Excuse me, Please, Thank you
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.