Lots of listener questions, plus emails we have received about learning to speak the native language of Ireland. Eoin also addresses a forum thread about whether or not he’s an native speaker of Irish. What’s your opinion? Read on, and leave your comment at the end of this page.
What you’ll hear
- How different are the dialects of the Irish language?
- Where should you visit on your first time to Ireland?
- Comments about moving to Ireland in a previous episode
- People’s views on whether Eoin is a native Irish speaker – it was the first language he grew up with
Mentioned in the show
- Episode 015 with Brian Casey about moving to Ireland
- Bitesize Lesson: Pronouncing long vowels: Vowel groupings for the sound that “eo” makes in the Irish language
- Litriocht.com online Irish Gaelic bookshop
- Our recommended dictionaries
- Our information on Irish language dialects, and why you should not worry about them
- Video on Irish vs Gaelic
- Episode 003 with Jody about places we like in Ireland
- IrishFireside.com’s fantastic Remarkable Places in Ireland eBook
- Thread on irishlanguageforum.com on whether Eoin is a native Irish speaker (hint: he is)
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
- List all our past episodes
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.