We’ve got some great listener questions answered. For example, you’ll hear how to say “2014” in the Irish language for the new year. You’ll hear about the latest rough weather in Ireland, how to get people to use Irish with you while you’re visiting Ireland, and what courses we recommend for attending when you’re in Ireland.
What you’ll hear
- How to say “2014” in Irish
- The latest rough weather Ireland’s been experiencing
- Do you have to persevere to use Irish when visiting Ireland?
- Do Irish people really say “top of the morning to you”?
- How do you say “yes” and “no” in Irish?
- What’s the best Irish language course I can go to when I’m in Ireland?
Mentioned in the show
- How to say “Happy new year” in Irish
- Lahinch, Foynes, and Dublin (amongst other places) which were hit by bad weather
- Pronunciation cheat sheets for Irish Gaelic
- Dingle peninsula, featured in our past podcast episode with Felicity
- Wren’s Day
- Bitesize Irish Gaelic online lessons include easy lessons on how to start and hold simple conversations in Irish
- Bitesize Irish Gaelic Live will have live tutors available for you to learn to speak Irish with, so you’re no longer trying to learn alone
- Previous blog post on how to ask a question in Irish
- Audrey’s experience of Oideas Gael – courses for learning Irish that you can attend in Donegal
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.