Teachers in primary schools in Ireland (elementary schools) teach their students each and every subject. With the Irish language being one of those subjects, all teachers generally need to speak Irish to some level. That can be a stumbling block for people who move to Ireland and want to teach. But it didn’t stop Dr. Matt Wallen, the principal teacher of Limerick School Project, a school in Limerick city, Ireland.
What you’ll hear
- Why Matt moved to Ireland from the States
- How he began to self-teach himself Irish
- His top suggestions on how to learn Irish
- His impressions of Irish people after moving to Ireland
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.