Listen to Eoin of Bitesize Irish Gaelic speak with Mary Murphy, a singer, songwriter and author. Mary is based in Canada, but has strong roots back to Wexford in Ireland. Irish song, dance and storytelling has always been part of her life.
What you’ll hear
- How it was like growing up in New York as an Irish person
- Mary’s 6 weeks without being able to say a word
- How traveling back to Ireland puts life in perspective
Who’s in this episode
Mentioned in this episode
- marymurphy.ca for Mary’s CD and books. Check out her latest album “Honey from Heather”
- Upcoming launch of Bitesize Irish Gaelic Live
- Vancouver Island
- Wexford town
Mary’s Road to Lisdoonvarna
Go to this post for lyrics.
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe on Android to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player in this post. The player also have a download link to grab the episode’s MP3 file.
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST. Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.