Would you like to learn some of Ireland’s beautiful native language wherever you are? Our special guest, Terry Simons, covers the very best in iPhone and Android apps related to learning the Irish language. Listen for Terry’s top recommendations for learners, plus for extra apps for Ireland’s native sports.
Terry works in Silicon Valley, but has traveled to Ireland to take the TEG Irish language exam. He attends the annual San Francisco Irish language immersion weekend (which Bitesize Irish Gaelic is sponsoring in 2013).
If you have any comments or suggestions about apps, please leave your comment below.
Mentioned in this episode
- Download Terry full summary of top Irish learning apps (PDF)
- Terry’s courses on Memrise
- A Memrise course with a bunch of vocab from the “Gaeilge Gan Stró” book, begginner level
- Colors in Irish (with audio) on Memrise (Bitesize Irish Gaelic members should also checkout out Lesson: Colours)
- Irish irregular verb names on Memrise (and see Lesson: Intro to irregular verbs on Bitesize Irish Gaelic with audio)
- Opposite adjectives on Memrise with audio
- All Irish language courses created on Memrise
- Ku: Shroud of the Morrigan game is now available on Mac and Windows, with Linux port on the way
- GAA sports
- Eoin’s on Vine app. Search for eoinoc333 to see Uisce the dog.
- Our recommended Irish dictionaries
Also of interest
- Our previous blog post on Irish apps: There’s an app for that
Get the next episode as soon as it’s up
- Subscribe to Bitesize Irish Gaelic Podcast on iTunes
- Alternatively, subscribe to this RSS feed
- Use the audio player at the top of this post. It also has a download link to catch the MP3 of the podcast episode.
The show comes out each fortnight on Thursdays at 8am EST.
Thanks for listening. We’d love to hear from you about the episode. Just leave a comment below.