Neil recently emailed us, and perhaps you can associate with his feelings:
Without a doubt – the most difficult thing is to learn to pronounce the written word in Irish. It seems what we are saying looks nothing like what it was written. There must be some sort of map for it surely.
Yes, pronunciation is one of the top reasons that people fail to make that real connection with their Irish heritage. When you see an Irish Gaelic word written down, it can be daunting and scary.
What are all those letters thrown together? How am I meant to pronounce “folúsghlantóir“??
The trouble is, the Irish language is beautiful, but its agreed spelling standard uses different rules to those that you have been brought up with. There are combinations of letters in the Irish language that you will never see in other languages.
Announcing Video Course “Crack Irish Gaelic Pronunciation” on Udemy.com
It’s not your fault that you can’t interpret how to pronounce “folúsghlantóir”. But you can start to get familiar with the rules, which I’ll step you through in our new video course on Udemy.com.
The course “Crack Irish Gaelic Pronunciation” has just launched:
- Eoin, the founder of Bitesize Irish Gaelic, steps you through the main rules to pronouncing Irish Gaelic in 29 videos
- You’ll cover the very core of the language: how to pronounce the vowels (a i e o u).
- With that base, you’ll learn how they affect the pronunciation of other letters (consonants) around them.
- Short quizzes during the course will make sure you’ve been able to follow along the videos
- The course steps you through our 4-Step Pronunciation Method to attack any new Irish language word you come across
New words will no longer seem so scary. Become empowered to pick up vocabulary faster, read faster, and therefore speak sooner.
Taught by Eoin, founder of Bitesize Irish Gaelic
The Irish language was my first language. It’s Ireland’s native Celtic language, still spoken in small pockets of Ireland. To start expressing yourself in Irish Gaelic is a deeply personal way of living Ireland’s culture.
I am the founder of Bitesize Irish Gaelic, and previously created the websites Irish Sayings, Irish Gaelic Translator and Irishionary.
I help you to make it part of your everyday life, to make a real connection with your Irish heritage.
If you live outside of Ireland, consider how much more connected you’ll be when you do visit Ireland on your dream trip. You’ll appreciate Ireland’s culture in a much deeper way than the average visitor. You’ll also have the chance to say “go raibh maith agat” (thank you) to the locals, to put a smile on their faces.
Conquer Irish Language Pronunciation
- Be Empowered: Take the language into your own hands! You’ll from now on be able to see written Irish language words as a challenge to overcome, rather than decipherable bunches of letters.
- Irish language words will no longer be scary: you’ll know that you can break down a word with our 4-Step Pronunciation Method. By the way, it’s not about remembering all the rules in your mind. It’s much more about learning the method of breaking down a word, so you can refer to the pronunciation rules.
- Improve your reading: the very act of getting familiar with pronunciation puts you in more control of reading the Irish language. Do you think you’ll never be able to read the language? Think again, because as you start to get familiar with the rules you’ll be able to pronounce words that you don’t even yet know what they mean!
- Step towards the ultimate goal: Speaking. For adult learners, reading will always come easier than speaking. It’s obvious that by overcoming the pronunciation of words you see written down, you’ll leapfrog forwards with your speaking too.
Rated 4.75 out of 5 on Udemy.com!
I love Eoin’s clarity and fun way of approaching teaching.
— Melinda Gardiner – FIVE STARS
I want to learn Irish. My dream is to someday go there. I am 64 years old and live on a small fixed income so being able to learn the language brings me one step closer to my dream, even if it always remains only a dream.
— DeEtte Anderton – 4.5 Stars
It’s personal, it’s fun, and the speaker clearly loves what he does and wants you to learn.
— Judy Young – FIVE STARS
Enroll here during March 2017, and get $50 off!
That’s it, when you enroll in the course “Crack Irish Gaelic Pronunciation” on Udemy.com you’ll get:
- Full access to the 1.5 hours of video content with quizzes
- Download our popular Pronunciation Cheat Sheets for Irish Gaelic
- 30-page Pronunciation Worksheets
- Ask the instructors questions through the course, so you’ll never be on your own
Again, here’s the special limited enrollment link with $50 off, where you should “Buy Now”:
Full Bitesize Guarantee
Be completely satisfied, or get your money back. As we say at Bitesize Irish Gaelic, we’re not in the business of keeping your money hostage.
Try the course, and if you don’t like it request a refund. There’s nothing to lose.
Special Offer Only Valid in March 2017
When this launch offer is over, it’s over. After our launch, the course will be $57 for visitors from our site and $95 to the general public. Don’t miss out on you $50 off. Since you’re covered by our money-back guarantee there’s no real reason not to enrol.
How To Enrol With Your Discount
- Open the course page on Udemy.com
- Click “Buy Now“
Offer Ends March 2017!
Don’t regret not making this jump into learning the Irish language through video. Enrol now, watch the first video, and you’ll be on your way to cracking Irish Gaelic pronunciation.